eBook Writing Workflow for Developers
The ultimate setup for developers writing eBooks
Learn how to set up your computer to have the perfect workflow for writing eBooks and generate professional-looking PDF and ePub from them.
Why do I need it?
You will benefit from it if:
- You want to focus on writing your book
- You want to generate professional-looking PDF and ePub
- You want to version your book as you version your code
- You want scripts to automate the process
- You want to use the best tools for writing eBooks
Why does this exist?
I wanted to write an eBook and while I was organizing my thoughts I started researching the eBook publishing tooling landscape. It is overwhelming.
After a day of researching, I ended in the same place as I started, still not knowing what to use and how to use it. After more hours installing, configuring, and testing, I finally got the best combination of tools and workflows to write eBooks.
I realized that maybe there would be people wanting to create their first eBook with the same problem as me: realizing they don't know much about the tools and processes involved.
So, this is my solution to that problem: a tried and tested compilation of tools, the result of dozens of hours of researching, that will allow you to create professional-looking eBooks.
What does it contain?
This is a concise guide with specific instructions to:
- Install the required software to write eBooks
- Install and configure a text editor with specialized plugins for eBook writing
- Create a repository in GitHub or GitLab to keep track of all the changes to your content
- Create scripts that can automate the generation of popular formats like PDF or ePub
- Organize the content in a way that is future-proof and that allows you to create any complex eBook
Can I see the table of contents?
Sure, here it is:
eBook Workflow Setup
Supercharge your workflow
- Project directory
- Visual Studio Code
- Our first Book
- PDF generation
- ePub generation
- Automate PDF and ePub generation
- Version tracking
- Splitting the book into chapters
Who is this for?
This guide is aimed at developers and tech writers that are comfortable with using version control software like Git and command-line tools that can be automated to optimize the workflow from writing to publishing the eBook to the public.
Who is this not for?
Of course, with more or less effort, everyone can make something of this guide, but if you prefer visual tools or word-like interfaces, maybe this guide is not for you.
If you don't feel at home opening a Terminal window in your computer or writing text commands by hand, this guide is not for you.
If you prefer visual tools and prefer clicking menus or buttons, unfortunately, this guide is not for you.
What I'll get?
- 45 pages of in PDF and ePub formats
- instructions to configure your computer to write books
- scripts to generate PDF and ePub formats with a single command
- recommendations for additional tools to create book covers, amazing images, check for grammar, etc
- lifetime updates to the book
What do people say?
Look what fellow creator Ricardo Cruz said:
Do you have a refund policy?
Yes, I do. If you find that the product is not what you thought, just send me a message and I'll refund you. No questions asked.
Does this really work?
Yes, it does. I used the very same workflow to write this eBook you're about to purchase. So, it is tried and tested.
Follow my instructions to configure your computer and, after that, you can focus on creating your own eBook!
- You'll get my guide with instructions to setup your workflow for writing eBooks
- eBookPDF 12MB
- Page length55